Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sunkyung Lee - Veledictorian Speech

Good Evening, Professors, families, distinguished guests, and graduates.


I had no expectation that I would be standing in this place. It is such an honor to stand here before you.

I began my journey at LIBI in April 2009 where I chose to study Office Technology. After my first semester, I decided to switch my career path and changed to Accounting. I knew that a career in accounting would benefit me financially and looking back, I am pleased with that decision. Studying accounting was a perfect match for my taste and I was able to complete the program with ease.

In fact, I accepted the honor of valedictorian tonight because I have many people I would like to thank.

I would like to give a special thank you to Ms. Stacy Bae, my admissions representative. Ms. Rosana Lee my advisor, the financial aid staff. I want to thank my supervisors Anna Venturino, Furney Canteen, and Cristian Marcu for allowing me to work in the Student Success Center and Learning Center and for giving me the opportunity to grow and develop as a professional. I would also like to thank Jerilyn Marinan and Ashley Guo for all of their career guidance and assistance.

All of the graduates, along with me, express our deep thanks to the professors at this school. For me especially to Mr. Jesus Chan the professor of Contemporary American short Story. Because of that class, my taste of literature was awakened and I was introduced to many great American writers. Ms. Downer, the course of Business Communication- one of the most difficult classes, became extremely helpful in real-life situations, and to Mr. Roy, my accounting professor. I am using all of the skills and knowledge I learned each and every day in my job as a bookkeeper.

My thanks also go to my classmates. Often, we were competitors, encouragers, and helpers to one another to come through to this point of honor. Over the 20 months of study, it was not an easy time but we worked hard, passed our classes, and have proven to be successful.


Our careers as students have allowed us to increase our knowledge and skills so that we are ready to move to the next step. We now have the opportunity and the responsibility to assume our roles as productive members of our communities. For me, LIBI is one of the great blessings that God allowed on me. This school has provided me with the opportunity to start a new job and has allowed me to live a new life in this new country.

Thank you LIBI and my friends. I’m going to miss you all and Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment